Back on the road.

Life has been busy and satisfying the last few weeks. I'm back on the road with Giant and enjoying all the elements that come with it.  New places, new faces and of course the familiar old faces that I haven't seen since last summer.

It's during these times that I realize how much I love being out and about as opposed to working at a desk. I thrive in environments that are unfamiliar and social. I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people and  when you blend it into a medium that I absolutely love, it's the perfect situation.

While my demo events require me to have my extroversion switch turned to eleven, I get my solo time in the long hours on the road, which I've come to appreciate due to my new love of audio books. I've got three on the go right now.  "Infinite Jest",  "A Short History of Nearly Everything" and "Predictably Irrational"  I've recently had a 'renaissance' in personal development. I've had this unquenchable desire to teach myself new things and work on self improvement, whether it be health, body or mind.  One of the side effects of this change is the aforementioned book binge.  It feels good to come out of a 4 hour drive having learned something new. I'm currently looking for an audio book solution to teach myself french. If you can recommend one, please let me know!

Last week was spent in Ottawa taking care of a few of our dealers, Giant Ottawa and Orleans cycles.  The owner/operators Lino and Allen are super down to earth and its always fun to hang out with them. Our demos went over well, despite the challenging weather. I suppose 40km/h winds and torrential downpours are great opportunities to see how aerodynamic a road bike can be!

Early morning coffee shop hunting in Canada's capital city.


I've come to appreciate Ottawa more and more over the last few years. My initial opinion of Ottawa being sterile and bureaucratic has been replaced with a more positive view. Ottawa is a popular hub for  students, young professionals and world travelers. The relatively large transient  population there makes for a very socially proactive group of people. It seems every time I'm out there, I meet some new people.  Also- Byward Market has the patio thing figured out. Toronto should take a lesson from Ottawa.

Cycling wise, I've been putting in my time. My fitness feels great and I'm good to give some races a shot. I haven't been able to get my power numbers due to my borrowed cyclops Joule 2.0 being an absolute pain in the ass to pair. If I can get that working over the next few days, I'll post an update.

Thats all for now.

Here's a set that I've been listening to on repeat for the last little while. Proper progressive house right here.

 


Pages