Check ups, Feeling Tired, gonna ride tomorrow.

After the Albion massacre I was a little concerned with how my body reacted. I decided it could be one of three things.

1. Overtraining. (Not likely, as my volume and intensity has been no more than previous years, at least in the last few weeks)

2. Nutrient deficiency. (Low iron maybe?)

3. Something more serious.

The plan was to take a rest this week and see what happens. I hopped on the bike today for the first time this week to iron out a 2hr workout to see how I felt. Started off with a 15 minute warm up, and then ramped up to threshold. Within a couple minutes, I felt dizzy. I wasn't out of breath, but I was working fairly hard. I finished my 8 minute interval, and spent some time in zone 1 before ramping up again. However i once again felt dizzy.

mmm... time to get this checked. I havent had a physical or blood test done in 10 years, so I figured it was time. If im going to be putting up to 20hrs a week on the bike, I should probably make sure my body is in check.

So I went to the local Walk-in, told the doc what was up, got my blood test and headed home.

I really hope this turns out to be the biggest hypochondriac lapse of all time and Im just a pansy.

Without any quantitative results, the doctor presumed it would be low iron. We'll see how this pans out.


The plan tomorrow is a 2.5hr trail ride. I figure I should lay off the intensity for awhile, so I am just going to focus on handling and cornering skills. Ive just rebuilt my mtb, and done some shifter modding (which i will post about tomorrow) so im looking forward to ripping some trail proper!

Pages